martes, 30 de noviembre de 2010

with the winter comes the fall

The Salty City has turned into one big Slip n' Slide
Because of this I experienced my first (and only. please.) fall of the season.
It happened just moments after departing from some friends on campus (running into people I know on campus is the best!)
All in all it was a typical experience.
I slipped. I fell. My knee hurts. and.
My pride was hurt immensely.
I loved and hated it all at the same time.
It is just not as good when you are laughing at yourself and everyone else is trying to pretend like they didn't see. Or worse, are acting concerned. (don't you get it? it's funny that I humiliated myself.)

Now I truly know that is better to explode with laughter upon seeing someone slip than to quietly ignore the happening.

4 comentarios:

Bits dijo...

It relieves the tension to have someone laugh. You feel so much less stupid when people laugh. I would have laughed. :)

Sarai dijo...

I fell yesterday too. Caught myself with my right hand and scratched it all up. How am I supposed to take my finals with a gimp hand? That's what I want to know.

stern mister serious dijo...

I slipped onto my elbow two days ago. It was dark and I couldn't spot any witnesses.

As for you, someone could've at least pretended to fall down as well. That's the best reaction to a fall. If one goes down, all should go down like dominoes—in support.

Ashlie Dalton dijo...

if i can help it i hesitate to laugh because i personally know people who get mad when you laugh at stuff like that. oopsy on my part.

but i agree it is so much better if you can laugh about it. knowing you, i would have laughed too. :)